All of us yearn for a strong and healthy body, flawless skin, silky hair, perfect body functions and what not! To achieve all this, we try almost every product we can get our hands on, and many times, instead of benefitting us, they backfire in the form of side effects. It may be hair fall, acne, mood swings, unwanted weight gain, etc. Therefore, we at ‘thehealthforu’ have come up with an easy-peasy solution to give you all that you desire. All you have to do is have healthy eating habits. Everything that occurs in nature is advantageous to the human body. So instead of using unnatural products, why not stick to dry or dehydrated fruits to fulfil your standards of beauty and to stay fit, at the same time? Dry fruits are easily available online and in markets and are natural sources of vitamins and energy. As for dehydrated fruits, you need not even go to the market because they can be prepared easily at home.
Include these best dry fruits in your diet for staying fit along with good health:
It originates from Middle East, India and Africa. The almond is a deciduous tree.
- Benefits of Almonds:
1. Instead of eating toasted almonds, go for fresh almonds. They are good sources of vitamin E, biotin, and copper.
2. They are edible seeds, and have just the right amount of magnesium and manganese. Together with riboflavin and copper, almonds increase metabolism and boost energy.
3. Avoid eating almonds soaked in water overnight, because the brown cover of the almonds contains a high amount of antioxidants. Instead, eat fresh almonds.
4. Organic almonds (Badam in Hindi) are said to regulate blood pressure levels and facilitate easy motions as they are rich in fibre.
5. Pure and sweet almond oil is often used for massaging babies as it makes the skin smooth and helps lighten the complexion.
6. Because of its high Vitamin A content, fresh almond oil helps in preventing acne.
What we see today is the processed form of walnut. It is the seed of a drupaceous nut and has its roots in Persia.
- Benefits of Walnuts:
1. Have you ever wondered why raw walnuts look like a human brain?
That is because walnuts contain DHA, an Omega-3 fatty acid that is known to protect the brain and boost cognitive performance.
2. They provide a high amount of nutrition to the human body, and statistics say that 30gms of walnuts provide energy of 190cal.
3. Vitamins found in walnuts include Vitamin B6, niacin, folate, thiamine, etc. – all essentials for the human body!
4. The polyphenolic compounds and phytochemical substances in walnuts help to fight inflammation. Walnut also contains Omega-3.
5. Walnut helps in strengthening bones and reducing the risk of cancer.
6. Melatonin, a hormone that helps the body relax and induce sleep is found only in this dry fruit.
Cashew trees are said to have originated from Brazil. Apart from cashew nut, this tree also produces cashew apples, a rare sight in India.
- Benefits of Cashews:
1. Cashew nuts contain lesser fats in comparison to other dry-fruits. Oleic acid and other antioxidants amount to one of the many benefits of cashew – keeping the heart safe and healthy.
2. Copper, which is one of the contents of cashews, maintains the colour of our hair and eliminates free radicals from the body.
3. Regular consumption of cashew nuts can reduce the risk of developing gallstones.
4. Cashew nuts are rich in fibre and help in proper digestion. However, huge intake can cause indigestion.
5. Raw cashew nuts help our body to utilize iron content to its fullest and prevent diseases.
6. Roasted cashews are an alternative source of protein to fatty meat.
Also known as ground nut, it is a legume crop grown in tropic and sub-tropic regions around the world.
- Benefits of Peanuts:
1. Peanut butter is tummy filling without the worry of extra weight gain.
2. Peanuts reduce the risk of coronary and cardiovascular diseases and type two-diabetes.
3. Raw peanuts are not only rich in proteins, but the amino acids present in them also facilitate healthy growth and development.
4. Peanuts also reduce the chances of strokes by increasing the amount of nitric oxide in the body.
5. Gynaecologists suggest the consumption of peanuts or peanut butter to pregnant women as it reduces the chances of birth deformities in babies.
6. Tryptophan, which is present in peanuts, increases the amount of Serotonin in the body and hence, helps to fight depression.
These are dried grapes and are used widely in baking, brewing or eaten raw.
- Benefits of Raisins:
- Benefits of Pistachio:
1. Raisins and dry grapes contain fructose and glucose and help in healthy weight gain. They also contain amino acids, vitamins and minerals and facilitate the absorption of other proteins and vitamins gained from food intake.
2. Red raisins are rich in fibre, which helps constipation and facilitates easy motions.
3. Raisins have a high concentration of potassium, which reduces hypertension. In addition, decreases blood pressure.
4. Vitamin B complex, copper and iron present in raisins and dry grapes are used in treatment to anaemic patients.
5. These are known to reduce sexual dysfunction and stimulate libido.
6. Calcium and boron present in raisins maintain the strength of our bones and prevents osteoporosis. In addition, Oleoanolic acid protects the teeth from early decay.
They come from Central Asia and Middle East, and take seven to ten years to be available for production.
1. Pistachio nuts contain Vitamin B6, which increases the quantity of oxygen in the blood, which in turn, increases the haemoglobin.
2. Antioxidants Lutein and Zeaxanthin present in pistachios fight against macular degeneration, an age related vision problem.
3. Pistachio benefits the immune system and keeps it strong and healthy.
4. Pistachio oil is a naturally occurring skin moisturizer. It gives you glossy, smooth and healthy skin. It also lightens marks and blemishes.
5. You can avoid premature ageing of the skin by intake of pistachios. They also help to improve vision and fight free radicals.
6. Vitamin B6 and amino acids present in pistachios facilitate easy transmission of messages or impulses from one nerve fibre to another. In simple words, it keeps the nervous system active and healthy.
These DEHYDRATED FRUITS will help you maintain healthy eating habits:
1) Dried apricots, peaches and raisins are rich in fibre, nutrients and anti-oxidants. They contain little to negligible fat.
2) Strawberries- one of the best dried fruits- is known to reduce chances of arthritis and inflammation. Dried strawberries also have Vitamin C. Even though strawberries are massively sweet, they do not have a negative impact on blood sugar levels.
3) Dried lychees provide a surprising 244% of your daily vitamin needs. They also remove blemishes and help treating heat strokes.
4) Sun dried cranberries are a part of the treatment for UTI (Urinary Tract Infection) because of the antioxidants present in it.
5) Dried prunes and figs are known as natural laxatives and are rich in fibres.
6) Dried apricot as a dry fruit contains potassium, which regulates heart beat. It also provides good vision and protection against eye related diseases, as well as asthma and bronchitis.
7) Intake of dried cherries can give you a good night’s sleep as it contains melatonin.
8) Dried orange peel (powder) is a strong cure for blackheads, acne and oil. It also removes tan.
9) Carbohydrates and essential energy is provided to the body by the intake of dried papayas.
We hope this article has helped you understand the benefits of dried and dehydrated fruits. Make sure to include them in your and your family’s diet to enjoy the natural sugar, fibres, great flavours and a much healthy lifestyle!